Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fish and Chips



Before I say anything else, I would like to say that I am a HUGE Erynn Mangum fan. I have bought and loved everything she's written. Until now.
The storyline is cute. A girl buys fish from a guy. The fish keep dying, so she has to go back. She and the guy fall for each other.
However, the novella feels like the first draft of a story that was published with little editing. The myriad grammar mistakes and slow down the story. I'm not talking about a well-placed fragments. I'm talking about so many run-ons and comma splices that I stopped counting. I know most people don't care about grammar like I do, but even my sister, who read the book before me, said she felt the book had been written in a hurry.

Fans of Erynn Mangum will enjoy the storyline, but the grammar mistakes create a jumbled mess of words and distract from the story. :(

I finished this book a while ago, but I didn't have the heart to post a negative review for an author I love.

No comments: