Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Moon and More: A Review

 

I'm a huge Sarah Dessen fan. I've read all of her books, and I hope to write half as well as she does one day. Each book I'm amazed by her ability to write complex characters and family dynamics.
 
This book is no exception. Even though I didn't care for the guys in her life, I loved Emaline. She likes order and control. As things happen that she can't orchestrate, she has to learn to stand up for herself and build relationships beyond what's expected. I especially liked her relationship with her half-brother. Since the title reflects Emaline's relationship with her mom, that could have been explored more, but her relationships with her dad and her father drive the story and work well too.
 
Fans of Dessen's books will enjoy this latest novel. 
 
 

No comments: