Monday, May 3, 2010

Some of my Favorites for Intermediate Grades

Here are some books that I highly recommend. I have not read a lot of books for this age group, so I am sure that there are plenty of other excellent authors who write for this age group. If you know of any good authors, let me know!

Intermediate Grades (4-6)

*Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse (This is listed as 4-8, but it is an excellent novel.)


*Ramona series by Beverly Cleary (It's old, but since there's a movie coming out, a lot of kids will want to read them.)


*Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (ages 9-12) All of Lois Lowry's books are great.

*Allie Finkle series by Meg Cabot (note that other Meg Cabot books are not appropriate for this age)

*On the Run series by Gordon Kormon

*39 Clues series by various authors

*Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney

*Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper (note that most of Sharon Draper's other books are for older readers)

*Main Street Series by Ann M. Martin (who is the author of the Babysitters Club books)

*Mandie Series by Lois Gladys Leppard (Christian)

*Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

No comments: