Monday, July 18, 2011

A Spiritual Lesson from Bubbles Carwash


I went to Bubbles Car Wash the other day, and just like the first time I went, it was hard. Usually at a car wash, they ask you to leave your car with them, and it comes back squeaky clean. Not at Bubbles.
Here are the rules:
1. Put your car in neutral.
2. Take your hands off the wheel.
3. Take your foot off the brake.

Then you just ride the machine through the soap, the water, and the huge wipers. Letting go of your control in your car is so much harder than you expect. You can't see where you are going, so your immediate instinct is to brake or to steer, but you can do niether. (When there's a car in front of you, it's even worse!)

While I sat praying I wouldn't wreck into the car in front of me, I realized that walking with Jesus is a lot like Bubbles Car Wash. I need to let go of my control over the situation and allow Him to steer me in the right direction and get me clean in the process.

It's so funny how God can use mundane things like a car wash to teach me new things. He's good that way.

1 comment:

Stef said...

This was one of the neatest posts I've read in a long time. I love it!