Thursday, January 5, 2012

I love Fresh Starts!

I love fresh starts: Mondays, the first of the month, the first day of a new school year, and of course, January 1st.
2011 was probably the first year I ever accomplished a new year's resolutions. It may be because they were clear and achievable. My goals were to owe less money and to weigh less. :) I paid off 8,000 in debt and lost 20 pounds. I consider that pretty good, especially in a year that found me grieving the death of my dad in March.

This year, I have the same goals. I would like to owe less and weigh less. In my head, I would like to see 15,000 paid off in debt (I know that's double how much I paid off in 2011, but I have a plan) and 40 pounds lost. We'll see. Anything is better than nothing.

For my reading, I would like to stretch myself some. I've found my brain needs more stimulation outside of work now that I work with elementary kids. I love them, but they don't make me "think" much. I don't toss around ideas about life, relationships, money, politics, the world with them like I did when I taught middle school. So, I want to read more nonfiction and more of the classics. My goal is to read one nonfiction and one classic each month.

My problem is I am not sure what books to start out with. I guess I need to hurry up and decide.

I'm looking forward to this new year.

No comments: