Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Fiddler: A Review


World class violinist Amelia Devries is weary from being who everyone expects her to be. Michael can’t quite commit to the Amish church. When a horrible rainstorm brings Amelia to his cabin in the woods, the two find they share the common desire to be themselves despite what others want.

Beverly Lewis is the queen of Christian Amish fiction, but this book was disappointing. It took me about a month to finish the book because I could never get into it. While I thought the storyline had potential,  it seemed there wasn’t quite enough conflict outside of the characters own feelings. Each little event was drawn out to the point of being boring, and then the ending was weirdly rushed.

The premise of the characters was solid, and I liked them when they first met, they were boring and flat by halfway in the book. In fact, Amelia’s new Amish friend was my favorite character, and I hope Lewis will tell her story.

Christian Amish fans may enjoy this slow-moving love story, but I just couldn’t get into it.

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments: