Monday, September 3, 2012

Abducted: A Review

 
After finding the mayor's killer, Carly Edwards is thrilled to be back in patrol with her partner Joe. When Joe's wife is hospitalized for a strangle illness, their infant son is kidnapped, and Carly must join forces with her ex-husband, who is acting distant after wanting to reconcile, and the town reporter, who wants more than just a story from Carly. Will the three be able put their feelings aside to find out who is behind the kidnapping?
 
 
There are several interesting story lines in Abducted. First, you have the kidnapping of Joe's son, AJ, which turns out to be much more than just a kidnapping. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader interested and just a little surprised along the way.
 
Like the first novel, there is also a lot of spiritual growth as Carly's newly found faith is tested time and time again. There were a couple times where the spiritual aspect bordered on preachy, but it deepened the character of Carly--a new Christian excited to share with everyone.
 
While I enjoyed the novel, I wasn't thrilled with Carly's relationship with Nick. He was one of my favorite characters in the first book, but for the first half of this book, I wanted him to go away. Readers could forgive him in book one, but it seemed too early in the reconciliation to have him acting like a jerk again.
 
I don't want to spoil the ending, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. It felt a little rushed. I guess I'll have to read book three to see what happens next.
 
Fans of Christian police novels will enjoy this addition to the series. I do recommend reading them in order.
 
I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments: