Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nothing to Hide: A Review



When a body is found without a head and the hands de-gloved, Houston Detective March is called into work undercover to help track the arms sales from the Mexican Cartel. What he finds is more twisted than he could imagine with the corruption reaching the FBI and the cover-up going back to the first crime that pulled March into detective work.

Switching back and forth time periods, this book requires your  full attention to keep up with the characters, crimes, and adventures. However, it is worth the effort. While complex, the plot moves along quickly and will keep you guessing. I was just as surprised as March when the final twist was revealed.

Readers of the first two books will enjoy the most complex development of March to date with the insight into why he does what he does. There are a lot of great murder mysteries out there, but this one has better character development than most that I've read.

Bertrand definitely saved the best for last. This epilogue is amazing and demonstrates the growth of March as a character and Bertrand as a writer. I can't explain what exactly what makes it so special other than it resonated with me more than I expect from a mystery novel.

Fans of suspense will love this book. It's labeled Christian fiction, but it's light on the preaching and heavy on the action, which is how I like my mysteries.

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts and opinions are my own.
 

No comments: