Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo

 

If you didn't know, November is National Novel Writing Month. There's a whole website dedicated for it. The goal is to write 50k in one month! 50k isn't a complete novel, but it's a great start. And then December can be your month to fill in scenes and add layers to the characters and the conflict.

So, I did it last year. I even finished a couple days early! In December and January, I added to the 50k I wrote and finished with a 71k word novel that will release in February.

So, what are you waiting for? Get started.....and by that, I'm speaking to myself.

Good luck to everyone writing, and if you want to be buddies on Nanowrimo.org, I'm Librarian Laura. See you there.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Jackie Paulson said...

You are so ambitious. I love to read and write, but with college right now, I cannot join the NaNoWriMo...Keep me posted on how you do though.
Jackie