Saturday, February 8, 2014

Smitten Book Club: A Review

 
When Heather finds an old book written by a long-ago Smitten resident, she has to share it with her book club. Hints of buried treasure in the book send the ladies on a chase to find the money that could save Molly's business, which is in trouble after her husband's death. What they find is more precious than gold--love.
 
The four novellas are held together by the common search for the treasure, but each novella is a stand-alone story of one woman's journey to love. As a fan of all four authors, I enjoy seeing their individual styles/voices, and the authors' friendship and familiarity with each other's styles makes the characters ring true throughout all four novellas.
 
Since I'm a librarian, I have to say my favorite was Kristin Billerbeck's story since it featured a librarian as the main character. I also enjoyed the final one as the mystery was finally solved.
 
Overall, this is a sweet collection of stories. It's sad to see the Smitten books end as I love the little community readers have gotten to know over the three books.
 
I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

No comments: