Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Favorites: Alaska Edition

 
I LOVED Alaska.
 
My mom had to teach a two-day workshop, so we decided to go a few days early and stay a few days after to make it a vacation.
 
It's so gorgeous. I'm a writer, and I don't have the words.
I may have to post some today and some another day because we saw so many amazing and wonderful things.
 
Everywhere you drive, there is beauty. I was reminded over and over of God's perfection.
 
So, you're driving around, and there's a moose. A MOOSE. In someone's yard. Just hanging out. This was one of two moose I saw just on random streets. Amazing.

This is how it looks at 10:45 p.m. in Alaska in May. Crazy. But it was great because we had plenty of time to explore since it was light so late.
 
 
We went to Talkeetna, which was one of my favorite little villages (not big enough to be a town or city). Anyway, it's eccentric and fun. Down the main road, there is a beach and water, where three rivers meet. Of course, I had to see how cold it was. It was cold but not freezing.
Whittier, Alaska, is a small little place, not big enough to be a town either. You have to go through a 2.2 mile tunnel (through a mountain) to get there, and it's like a dock, shops, and some condos. But it was breathtakingly beautiful. I could have sat there all day.
 
 
We took a boat ride to tour the glaciers. We saw a whale. It as flapping its fins in the water like it was waving at us. Too cool.
 
 

My mom and I got to hold a piece of Surprise Glacier that had fallen.
 
 

We had a blast. I'm so thankful for a boss who let me miss work and a mom who invited me on her adventure. God is so faithful to give us rest and refreshment. And beautiful reminders of His power to create. 
 
 

No comments: