Saturday, April 2, 2011

Always the Baker Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker



    I had been told by several friends that this book was amazing. It has the best title. :) I was so excited to read it, and I must admit I was a bit disappointed. The book is good, but it didn't live up to what I had expected. I enjoyed the idea of a diabetic baker, a hotel catering to weddings, the "separated" parents reuniting. The storylines were great ideas, but some weren't developed enough for my liking. There were too many GOOD characters who deserved more time (time that was spent sharing wedding tips and recipes). I would have loved to see this as a series with different characters' storylines developed a little more.
     Overall, this is a good book, and I will check out other books by this author.

No comments: