Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Accidental Bride: A Review


When Shay agrees to play the bride in her town's reenactment, she never thought she would end up kissing the pretend groom---Travis, her ex-fiance who left her at the altar when she was eighteen. When a confused minister turns in the wrong marriage certificate, their reenacted marriage vows become real. Determined to win Shay's trust, Travis convinces Shay to let him help her save her dying ranch and to give him five months to win her back. With no other option to support herself and her daughter, Shay agrees. Will five months be enough for Travis to prove his love, or will Shay lose her ranch and her heart again?

Fans of Christian fiction will enjoy this tale of a second chance at first love. The characters are well-developed, their is a spiritual lesson without being preachy, and there are several funny scenes that lighten Shay's string of hard situations.

Even though I didn't find this book to be particularly thought-provoking or deep, it is a nice rainy day read. I recommend it to fans of Christian fiction, especially the ones where a hero rescues a strong woman who finds herself unable to fend for herself.

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

1 comment:

Dawn Janis said...

I want to read this one too. :)