Thursday, May 10, 2012

Illusion: A Review


Illusion is an engaging story of time travel, government science, and a love that lasts beyond time and space. When magician Dane Collins' wife dies in a car wreck, he heads to a quiet place to mourn his love of forty years. There he meets a young woman who is eerily like his late wife, so much so that he thinks he is seeing visions of her. As Dane begins to mentor her as a magician, he finds she is much more than a protegee. She is Mandy, his wife who was pronounced dead but at the hands of a government experiment that bends time, she is again 19 and confused about her identity. Will their love be able to put them back in the same time period together, or will they be separated once more?

While the plot is intriguing and tightly woven, the book left me wanting more. I kept thinking that perhaps I was missing the symbolism. Peretti fans who expect theology and spiritual struggles may find this book lacking, but it is fast-paced thriller centered around two interesting characters that will engage the reader. I found the theme of love standing the test of time to be an interesting addition to a time bending ride. I recommend this book to fans of Christian fiction who like reading about time travel and alternate realities.

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

No comments: