Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

The news today about the bombs at the Boston Marathon hurts my heart. I fell in love with Boston the first time I visited. Its historic feel, beautiful buildings, and culture drew me in. On my first trip, I did all the tours of the city, but last summer, I spent a week just riding the subway and walking the city, soaking it in.

There are no words for what happened today. I can only rest in the knowledge that God is in control and He is just. May He draw us near. 

After looking at the pictures and praying for the injured and the families of those who passed away, I needed to think about the beauty of my favorite city to visit. 

I could only find a few pictures on my computer from my first trip. Thankfully, I have many scrapbook pages from the trip. 

On my first trip, we visited Harvard

I loved the parks and the cold weather!


My second trip was last summer, where I enjoyed browsing the Boston Public Library.

One of my favorite things about Boston is the blend of the old and the new. So beautiful!

A park I spent some time walking through last summer.

Boston is beautiful. This is not the first difficult time she's experienced, and it may not be the last. She'll remain strong and stand as a beacon of freedom. 
I hope to go back soon.

No comments: