Friday, April 19, 2013

Daddy's Gone A Hunting: A Review


I've been reading Mary Higgins Clark books since I was a teenager, and I'm a huge fan. However, I'm not sure what to think about her latest book.

It's hard to summarize the plot because there are several different story lines/threads/back stories that are woven together for a great plot. I liked all of the characters. Most are typical MHC....strong women who figure things out with the help of a few great guys.

Yet, something was a little off with the story. I don't know if it a few spots where the writing seemed off or that there wasn't a whole lot of action. It just didn't grip me  like most MHC books have in the past.

So, I enjoyed it. I liked the idea of several different people's lives being woven together. It just wasn't as good as I expect from The Queen of Suspense.


No comments: