Thursday, April 17, 2014

Blog Hop: My Writing Process

 
So, I was tagged by Elizabeth Maddrey as part of a blog hop, where authors answer questions about their writing.
 
What are you working on right now?
I'm working on Lindsey's story. I'm almost finished with the rough draft. Lindsey is the mean girl in Worth the Wait, and I wanted to find out why she's hateful.
 
How does your work differ from others of its genre?
I'm asked this fairly often, and I'm not exactly sure. I heard recently from My Book Therapy that it might take a few books to really figure that out. So, I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
 
Why do you write what you do?
I love YA books, and when I taught middle school, I prayed for more Christian YA authors. I had NO IDEA I would be one of the answers to my own prayer.
 
How does your writing process work?
Very slowly lately. Work has been busy and a little more stressful than usual. So, it's been hit or miss. I wish I was an author who could schedule writing time. I'm really looking forward to summer when I'll have time each day to write.
I'm a pantser. I don't really plan other than knowing where my character starts and where she ends. The middle is a surprise.
 
So, that's my writing process. 
What's yours?
If you don't write, what's your reading process? How do you pick which book to read next? 

2 comments:

VikToryArch said...

Writing is quite a journey; you never know what's going to bring next turn.

Unknown said...

It is an incredible journey!