Sunday, November 25, 2012

'Til Grits Do Us Part: A Review


In the second book in this series, Shiloh was happily in love with a country boy and the small podunk town in which she was stuck. Because the second book's ending showed our heroine happy, I wondered where the third book would take the hapless girl who found herself in embarrassing situations nearly every chapter. What I found was a pleasant surprise. While planning her wedding on a shoestring budget and trying to learn more about her mom, Shiloh becomes the victim of a confused stalker, who thinks he is destined to marry her. With her life in danger, she connects the guy chasing her to an old unsolved crime she's investigating for the newspaper. Will she finally get her wedding, or will the stalker ruin her big day? And, will we readers ever find out what her middle name is?

I loved all the elements that carried over from the first two books: the mixture of the Japanese culture and the Southern small town ways, Shiloh's adventures, and the slew of characters that make the book come alive. Because the mystery took center stage, some of the characters were left behind some, and for the first half, Shiloh's finance Adam felt like a minor character instead of the hero. Thankfully, that was fixed by the end where he will make readers swoon with his gentlemanly love for Shiloh.

The mystery was fast-paced and well-written. It contained enough twists and turns to keep me guessing, and the whole series demonstrates the author's talent to write both character-driven and suspense-driven plots.

However, I do recommend reading the series in order.
I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

No comments: