Thursday, December 20, 2012

Father Daughter Devotions



I read once that the way a woman views God has a lot to do with how she views her own father. We also hear that women marry men like their dads. A father is so important on a girl's journey to becoming a healthy woman. 

As a public-school educator, I see firsthand the fruit of a good relationship with a father and the heartbreak that comes when the father is not present or not involved. Yet, many men don't seem to know what to talk about with their tween daughters, who are entering that age where everything becomes complicated and full of drama.

This year-long devotional gives fathers specific things to do with their daughters and conversation starters. I don't know if every single day would be applicable to most families, but there are myriad ideas for a dad wanting to stay connected with his daughter. Men could pull the ideas that work for them, perhaps shooting for once or twice a week of uninterrupted time although each day is short enough that finding time to complete the devotional is a doable goal. 

I recommend this book to any guy looking to get to know his daughter as she moves from being a girl to a young woman. While reading the book, I kept wishing my dad had read something like this, but I am passing it along to my brother-in-law, who works hard to spend quality time with his girl. 

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

No comments: