Sunday, August 25, 2013

Always the Baker, Finally the Bride: A Review



After designing hundreds of cakes for brides, it's finally Emma Rae's turn to create her own wedding cake....except she can't decide. And when fiancé Jackson is offered an amazing amount of money to sell the hotel that brought them together, it's more than Emma can take and her health suffers. Is being a bride more than she can take?

Fans of the series will enjoy this book that features all the couples from the previous books. They're back and funny as ever with disastrous receptionists and a rogue kid on the loose in the hotel. Each character is highlighted and given closure. I've loved Emma and Jackson since the first book, and I liked seeing their story come to a happy conclusion.

Sometimes the book seemed to have the same thing happening over and over as Jackson wrestled with his decision, but enough was going on that it didn't become tedious.

My favorite part is Fee with the rogue hotel stowaway, who has the tenacity and spunk to one day have her own book. I don't want to give too much away about the plot, but it was heartwarming.

I recommend this series to Christian fiction fans who like romance with a touch of humor.

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

 
 

No comments: