Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bending Toward the Sun: A Review

 
 
Although everyone around her is falling in love and settling down, Emilie is focused on continuing her education and helping her father run their store. When a childhood friend returns from fighting in the Civil War, Emilie is forced to rethink her plans even if it means defying her father.
 
Novellas are sometimes hard for me because I'm a character-driven reader, and it's hard to get to know characters in such a short time. However, I liked Quaid and Emilie a lot. They were sweet.
 
I also enjoyed getting to know the various characters. Small towns are always full of colorful characters who have their own story to tell, and I enjoy the historical aspect as well as the community.
 
Fans of Christian Historical Fiction will enjoy this novella. It's the second in the series, but I read it without having read the first one and had no problem.
 
I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.
 
 

No comments: