Monday, August 12, 2013

Gone South: A Review


Tish McComb longs to return to the past, and buying her ancestors' home in Noble, Alabama, seems the perfect way to connect with those who came before her. When she arrives, she finds out her ancestors were the town's outcasts, making Tish one too. Will she find a place to belong, or will she be pushed out of town like her namesake was?

Being a Southern girl, I love stories set in my neck of the woods. I liked Tish, George, and Calv, who were unique and well developed.

My favorite was Mel, another town outcast who ran away at the age of 19. Her story to redemption was fantastic. She got on my nerves at time, but her inner turmoil was perfectly captured by the author.

Even though there was a conclusion, I felt the end wasn't quite settled between Tish and the town although I was satisfied with how things ended....not a total happily ever after but a realistic happy.


Fans of Christian fiction will enjoy this book. This is the first book I've read by Moseley, but I'll check out her other books.
I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

 

No comments: