Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shattered: A Review


Shattered shares Piper McKenna's story. As she desperately tries to prove her brother’s innocence, she has to beg family friend Landon to help her.  

I loved this book even more than the first one, mainly because by book two, I knew the characters already. I like how the author showcases one sibling while including all the others, so the romance in the next book doesn't seem contrived since there were hints in book one. Piper is strong and stubborn, making her a great heroine.

Dani Pettrey is quickly becoming one of my favorite for Christian romantic suspense. The heroines are strong. The men are manly and tough. The suspense is fast, and the romance is authentic. Deep character development and family ties tie the story together. 
 I love the McKenna family. In fact, I like them almost as much as my all-time favorite O'Malley family (by Dee Henderson). It will take a few more books for me to decide for sure.


Fans of Dee Henderson, Lynette Eason, and Irene Hannon should check these books out. Don't wait a year like I did.
 
 
 

No comments: