Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Submerged: A Review

 

Friends had been telling me how great this series is for a long time, but it somehow kept slipping to the bottom of my to-read pile. I finally got to it, and it's fantastic!

Bailey left Alaska, leaving her heart there with Cole McKenna and swearing never to return. When a death in the family pulls her back, she becomes involved in a police investigation that leads her into harm's way and Cole's arms.

The mystery is interesting, but the characters are what make this book such a great read. The McKenna family is full of interesting backstory (which will hopefully be developed in the rest of the series). I loved the family and community dynamics.

Christian fiction often seems a balancing act of characters who follow Christ but remain true to the real world, full of flaws and weaknesses. I think that's what I liked most---the characters struggle with real issues while trying to walk in faith. It was a nice balance to many characters who are too good to be true.

Fans of Christian suspense will enjoy this book as much as I did. Dani Pettrey is right there with Dee Henderson, Irene Hannon, and Lynette Eason in the ranks of Christian romantic suspense!

 
 

No comments: