Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Love Comes Calling: A Review

 

Flighty Ellis rarely thinks of anything other than escaping her life to pursue of dream of acting in Hollywood. When she unknowingly agrees to cover a friend's shift as a telephone operator, she overhears a plan to hurt someone--the guy who has been her friend for years and the only guy who's ever made her consider staying right where she is.

I love several aspects of this book--the prohibition angle, the telephone operator plot, and a character having ADHD. Another interesting part of the plot was the police's involvement/cover-up of those breaking the law during that time.

However, I didn't like the main character much even at the end. Ellis never seemed to really care about anyone, not even Griffin, the guy she's trying to save. Everything seemed like an act with her, which got old pretty fast.

I'm a long-time fan of Siri Mitchell, and I think most of her fans will enjoy this book.

I was given this book in exchange for my thoughts, which are my own.
 
 

No comments: