Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'll Walk Alone


            Alexandra “Zan” Moreland is living in a nightmare. Two years ago, her son Matthew was abducted from a park where he was playing with a babysitter. On Matthew’s birthday, photos are found from the day of the kidnapping, showing Zan taking her son. Facing damning evidence, Zan’s life is spiraling out of control. When someone steals Zan’s identity and begins to make purchases in her name and she experiences blackouts, Zan wonders if perhaps she is losing her sanity. Can she find out who is impersonating her before it’s too late for her and her little boy?
                This tale is classic Mary Higgins Clark. The plot is tightly wound with clues planted for the reader to solve the case. I often figure out the mystery before the end of the book, but I have to say I was stumped on this one. Zan is a strong female heroine, like MHC always portrays. Fan favorites Alvirah and Willy are involved in this mystery, helping the police solve the crime.
                Mary Higgins Clark’s novels are often sparked by current events, and identify theft and kidnapping are no strangers to the headlines. I expected this book to be more about identity theft, so the identity theft as part of the plan to frame Zan was an interesting twist.
                Overall, I enjoyed this book. I’ve been a MHC fan since I was a teenager, and I look forward to the next book.  

No comments: