Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden


             Daniel and Clara come from different backgrounds but their hearts are joined forever in friendship through music. When their relationship grows deeper, Clara is sent off to England by her father, who doesn’t want her falling in love with a boy who wasn’t in her social class. After twelve years, the now grown Daniel is a successful businessman with a grudge, and Clara is a journalist who wants to write about the truth about working conditions. When criminals come to town to hurt them, can their love keep them safe?
                This is my first book by Elizabeth Camden, and I loved it! I was not expecting the criminal aspect of the book. I thought it would be a love story—reunited best friends falling for each other and overcoming their past. So, when the storyline about the organized crime came on the pages, I was pleasantly surprised. Romance is always enhanced with a good mystery. J I don’t want to give out too many more details. You’ll have to check it out for yourself.  After reading this book, I’ll definitely check out other books by Elizabeth Camden.
 I received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments: