Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stumbling into Grace


To be honest, I'm not sure what I think about this book. I enjoyed the spiritual lessons through Lisa's often funny and sometimes poignant life experiences, but I sometimes felt like I was reading more of a memoir collection than a spiritual lesson. I think that may have been the author's intention, but I felt like both parts were missing something. Instead of the personal anecdotes leading into the spiritual discussion, I felt they were disjointed and awkwardly joined. I enjoyed the personal stories, and I enjoyed the spiritual discussion, especially the questions and journal prompts. I just didn't like the combination.

However, fans of spiritual growth books with a good dose of laughter will enjoy this book. The set-up is great for a small-group or Bible study since the chapters are short and already contain reflection and discussion questions.

I received this book from Booksneeze for the purpose of reviewing. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments: