Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Baker's Wife: A Review


What happens when the police find a large amount of blood at the scene of a wreck but no body?

Audrey and her husband have always enjoyed baking bread and sharing it with the hurting in their town, so when they are forced out of their position as pastors of a church, they open a bakery, where they can continue to share bread. On a foggy morning, Audrey hits a scooter on the way to work. The police arrive to find a large amount of blood but no body, and Audrey becomes a suspect.

Tensions rise as the police identify the blood. It belongs to Julie, the wife of Jack, who cost Audrey's husband his role as pastor. When Audrey begins to "feel" the hurt and anguish Julie is experiencing, she knows it's up to her to find Julie and thus clearing her name. Will she be able to find Julie before Jack takes justice into his own hands?

I love the theme of this book: Christians should bear one another burdens. While we may not literally feel the pain of others like Audrey does in the book, we should minister to the hurting.

The mystery was interesting enough, but the plot was very detailed and a little too far-reaching for me to be swept away with the characters. There was  plenty of action, but it was at time a little too unbelievable.

While I wasn't crazy about this book, I enjoyed it for the most part and will check out other books by Erin Healy.

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

3 comments:

Dawn Janis said...

Can I borrow this one?

Unknown said...

It's on my kindle. Sorry!

Dawn Janis said...

Ok thanks!