Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Echoes: A Review


When Lauren's fiance chooses New York over her, her brother Brad comes to visit, bringing her a computer. He sets her up with an email and shows her a chat room for God lovers where they start talking to KC. Over the next year, Lauren and KC exchange emails and build a friendship. When their meeting doesn't happen, will it take a God-ordained encounter to bring these two together?

I love Robin Jones Gunn, and the Glenbrooke series is my favorite by her. Although this book is old as far as technology (keeping the publication date in mind will help explain why Lauren is clueless about the Internet), the book is still a sweet read and I love the idea of Lauren and KC getting to know each other through letters over a long period of time. The connection with Robert and Elizabeth Browning is nice too and prompted me to re-read some of my favorite poems by the two.

It's also nice to catch up with the other characters from the previous two Glenbrooke books. You don't have to read the books in order, but that probably would help.

Fans of Robin Jones Gunn will enjoy this book, and Christian fiction lovers should check out the entire Glenbrooke series.

I received the book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

Please take a minute to rank my review.

No comments: