Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How to Know a Book is Amazing!


Here are a few signs that a book is amazing.

1. You stay up all night to read the book. By itself, this isn't the lone indicator of a terrific book. I've often stayed up way too late just to get through a book to see what happened, not necessarily because it was great.

2. You think about the characters for days or even weeks later.

3. You read all 142 reviews on Amazon just to see what strangers thought of the book.

4. You comment on random people's reviews just to talk about the book since your friends and family quit listening to you ramble about the characters, the plot, and the setting. 

What else is a sign of a great book? What books do you recommend as "Can't Put It Down" novels? I'm in need of some recommendations. I've started a ton of books the last week and only finished a couple. They just aren't catching my attention. 

3 comments:

Dawn Janis said...

The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck, With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin (though this one did take me about a week to read as I was so busy), Love's Reckoning by Laura Frantz. And I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I've read the Rachel Hauck one (and loved it). I'll check out the others.

Dawn Janis said...

I have both of them. I'd be happy to loan them to you.