Saturday, August 9, 2014

With Every Breath: A Review

 
 
Summary: Kate and Trevor battled for the top spot in their class--and a scholarship--for years. When Trevor wins, Kate thinks she'll never see him again....not that she wants to. When she gets a job opportunity years later, she never expected it to be from him. Working together instead of against each other is a first, and with the growing dread of tuberculosis, how much time do they have?
 
My thoughts: Elizabeth Camden's books are so well researched, and this one is no exception. I love the backdrop of the tuberculosis epidemic. It seems Camden's novels just breathe life into historical events, and I felt the hopelessness and panic that communities felt. It set the mood and tone for two dynamic characters.
 
I love Kate and Trevor. I loved their back and forth, how they challenged each other. Their feistiness offset a sad topic.
 
I also loved the theme of living life, celebrating every breath, and trusting God with what might come next.
 
Fans of historical fiction will love this book. Of course, Camden fans will be thrilled with this newest story, and fans of Jody Hedlund will also enjoy this tale.
 
I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

No comments: