Saturday, April 28, 2012

I've Got Your Number: A Review


I'm a huge Sophie Kinsella fan, and this book doesn't disappoint. I love the premise. When Poppy loses her engagement ring during a hotel fire and then her phone is stolen while she frantically tries to find it, it's a stroke of good luck when she finds an abandoned phone in a trash can...a phone that belongs to the former PA for Sam, a high-profile businessman who keeps everyone at arm's length.

What follows is a fun, text-filled story. The characters are flawed and quirky, and the situations in which they find themselves are amusing. I love Poppy, who makes me laugh with her snooping and I enjoyed reading as grows into a confident yet still bumbling woman.

The mystery of who is trying to sabotage Sam's company adds to the story and gives Poppy and Sam a reason to interact.

My only complaint is that I never saw what Poppy saw in her fiance, Mangus. She didn't even seem to like him, and so the struggle with Poppy wanting/trying to forgive him or to choose him seemed far-stretched.

The ending is satisfying and downright cute.

Fans of chick lit will enjoy this great summer read.

I'm adding this here since I mostly read and review Christian fiction. This is not a Christian book, and there are some curse words. Just a heads up. :)

No comments: