Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Dangerous Stage: A Review



Out of prison for a crime she didn't commit and now working as a bodyguard, Tessa is hired to protect a contestant on a TV singing competition and his daughter, who have been targeted by a group rigging the results. The investigation forces Tessa to work with Charles, they guy who put her away for longer than expected and also the one she still loves. Can they work together to keep George and his daughter safe without losing their hearts?

I really liked the first book in this series, and this was a great follow-up. I loved the chemistry between Tessa and Charles that jumped off the page. All the characters, both new and returning, are wonderful, balancing the action with humor and family drama. There was great character growth, especially with Charles that I really liked.

The book starts and ends with action-packed scenes. Although I never really got the connection on why the results were rigged (I probably just missed it), I really enjoyed the book. Although the action was fun, the character development, especially the relationship between Tessa and her family, is the best part of the book. The foreshadowing of what's to come in book three have me excited to read the next book!

Fans of Christian action with a hint of romance fiction will enjoy this book. I do recommend reading them in order to get to know the characters.

 

No comments: