Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Contract


As most of you know, I finished my first book a few months ago. I sent it to several agents and only heard back from one. She wanted to see a few revisions and asked me to resubmit, which I did.

After going to a workshop where several participants mentioned smaller publishers as an option, I targeted a couple small Christian publishing houses that don't require agents. I heard back a little over a week ago from Chalfont, asking to see the whole manuscript, which of course I sent right away.

Monday, I got the news that Chalfont House wanted to offer me a contract! I am so excited. Chalfont has published books for over a decade, but they just launched their fiction line (HopeSprings Books) in January.

I was waiting to post anything online until they received my signed contract, but I was thrilled to get this email in my inbox through the ACFW loop last night.

 
 
 
Isn't that awesome?
I am eager to get started on author things!
 
Here are a few random pictures of me signing the contract.
 
 



Thanks for all your encouragement through this process. I can't wait for people to meet Ellie.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you! Yay!

Kara said...

Wow, super congrats Laura!! This is amazing and I'm so happy for you, thanks for sharing the good news!

Dawn Janis said...

I am so happy for you! I'm also thrilled that I got your text at 11:13am telling me all about it! I'm so excited. So much for you to tell me when we go to the game on the 25th!

Laura, I volunteer right now to help promote in whatever way you want me to.

Abbi Hart said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Can't wait to read your book!

ASC Book Reviews said...

AWESOME and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh I'm SO excited for you this is wonderful. I hope your book does very well and everyone loves it! :)

Sincerely, ASC

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone!
Dawn, I will definitely take you up on that. I'm starting to brainstorm ideas now for promoting it. I want to be ready when I get the release info (although I have time...it's being edited now).

Thanks again!