Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Place to Belong: A Review



Engaged to Lucas, Cassie should feel settled into her new home. She's found a family, she's able to compete again, and she finally has a home. Yet, she's still longing for more. Will she find that when her fiancé starts looking at another girl?

A Place to Belong offers a satisfying conclusion to the Wild West Wind series. Ransom, who has been my favorite character, finally finds a balance of working hard to support the family and enjoying the life he has. I also liked that Cassie finally had to face the guy who ripped off her dad with the Wild West show, leaving Cassie destitute and desperate. The character growth for both Cassie and Ransom were my favorite parts of the book.

I enjoyed the glimpse of history as well....how life was in the early 1900s from saving calves in a snowstorm to gardening with a little shooting in between.

While I enjoyed the book, I had kinda been hoping Mavis would find a happily-ever-after as well. And what about the son Jesse who was away at college to become a doctor? There are more stories for this family, and I hope the author shares them.

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.
 
 
 
 

No comments: