Monday, June 9, 2014

Harder the Second Time?

I wrote Worth the Wait in just a few months. I sat down for National Novel Writing Month and just wrote...over 50,000 words in one month.                                                                                              So, when I sat down to write book two, which releases in January, I figured it would be the same.
NOT!
It took almost a year of sitting and thinking, writing a few words, going back and changing things.
I'm finishing the edits to turn in the rough draft to my editor by the 15th, but I'm just exhausted from this book. But it's worth it because I love Lindsey and think she's got a good story. She's the wounded character who strikes out to keep from getting hurt, and it was fun peeling back the layers to her heart.
 
Have you had something harder the second time you did it? Shouldn't practice make perfect?
 
Not always. Don't give up because something didn't come as easily as it did before.
 
Sometimes we appreciate things more when we work harder for them. (Not that I didn't work hard on WTW--the revisions/edits were brutal.)
 

3 comments:

Dawn Janis said...

Hope it goes smoothly for you this week.

Unknown said...

Thanks!

TC Avey said...

Life is funny like that sometimes. Hang in there.