Wednesday, July 2, 2014

It Had to Be You: A Review

 

Susan May Warren creates terrific characters, and this book gives us the lovely Eden, who is a mother hen to her hockey-playing brother. When she meets his teammate Jace, sparks fly, but Eden knows better than to fall for hockey's bad boy enforcer.

I love the Christiansen family that Susan introduced us to in book one, and it was fun getting to know Eden. I really liked her and her struggle of finding her way in a family of stand-out siblings. And even though Jace had fame, he was still struggling for a sense of family and belonging. They were cute together.

I really liked the side story of Jace's friend Sam, who is struggling to keep his business afloat and care for his daughter who is rejecting her heart transplant. It was a beautiful story of a father's love for his child, and I kinda wish Sam had gotten his own book.

Fans of Christian fiction will love this addition to the Christiansen saga. Can't wait for the next one!

I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.
 
 

No comments: