Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Corruptible


Ray Quinn, ex-homicide detective and current PI, finds himself investigating much more than a murder case when he takes on a rich client with secrets to hide, secrets he's willing to pay Ray big bucks to find and to turn over. When Ray begins to uncover the truth, his own life is in danger, perhaps by the very people who hired him.

I enjoyed this book. The characters are well-developed, the plot is exciting, and there are a few twists to the story. Two things stood out to me and made this book a fun read. It's has a different approach than many Christian novels in that the main character is not a Christian and has a drinking problem. I find the fact that Ray is not a Christian even in book two of the series to be refreshing and realistic. Although the truth of Jesus is presented through the supporting character of Pam, it's not pushy or preachy.
The second thing I enjoyed was a little humor. Everyone knows about the e-mail scams from people claiming to need money transferred and then they'll repay you. Ray gets one of those and plays along with it, pretending to be an elderly lady. The murder/cover-up/corporate fraud plot is a heavy one, and this side story lightened the read and was a nice touch.

I definitely plan to check out book three in the series.

I was given this book free in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.


 

No comments: