Monday, October 10, 2011

Pattern of Wounds

Roland March helped convict a man of murder, so when a similar murder takes place, Roland is determined to find out if he put away the right guy or if there is a copycat murderer. When the murderer begins sending Roland cryptic messages and even tries to hurt Charlotte, Roland's wife, the investigation becomes personal. Will Roland catch the murderer before there are more victims?

This is the first book I've read by J. Mark Bertrand, and I wasn't disappointed. The storyline is tightly written with every detail building up to the final showdown.The relationship between Roland and his wife is powerful addition to the murder story as the reader can see the effect being a cop and seeing such horrible things on a person, his view of God, and his relationships. The ending is a chilling beginning for the next book!

It was also cool to read this book since I live just outside of Houston (Kingwood, in fact, just like the book mentioned in the book), so I recognized streets and places.

I was given this book to review by Bethany House. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi! I awarded your blog 'The Versatile Blogger' Award!

http://christianbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-third-blog-award-versatile-blogger.html

Unknown said...

Thanks, Melanie! I have no ideas what that is, so I'm off to check it out. :)