Monday, October 24, 2011

Deadly Pursuit



Social worker Alison Taylor is dedicated to her job of protecting kids, but when her own life is in danger, who will protect her? When her brother sets her up on a blind date, Alison finds her answer in ex-Navy Seal Mitch Morgan, who is determined to protect Alison and to steal her heart.

Irene Hannon fans will devour this latest book by one of my favorite Christian suspense authors. The characters aren't as developed as in other books, but I enjoyed their story. Some of the reviews I've read complained that Mitch and Alison fell for one another too quickly, but I think in life, sometimes you just know when it's the right person. I found their instant attraction to be a nice change from the many books I've read where they hate each other at first and then find they do love each other.
I work in an elementary school and have seen some of the social system at work. I believe this book gives a fair look at both the positive and negative aspects of the social system. Alison's work was an interesting component of the book and added to storyline with some thought-provoking situations.

All in all, this is another great read by Irene Hannon.

No comments: