Thursday, July 26, 2012

Trinity: A Review


Green Beret Heath Daniels’ feels his life is over after he suffers a head injury and is discharged from the military. When he is offered a chance to train other military dogs and their handlers, he jumps at the chance to prove himself and to perhaps be allowed back in the military. Will he and his dog Trinity be able to save the captured Darci Kintz before she’s killed or Heath suffers another blackout from his brain injury?

Fans of fast paced military thrillers will love this new series by Ronie Kendig, and animal lovers will enjoy it even more. From the first page to the last, there is one adventure and twist and turn of the plot after the other.  What Kendig does well is that action scenes aren’t for entertainment purposes only—each event or catastrophe adds a layer to the development of the characters.  For example, Darci annoyed me at first, but as she endured being captured and tortured, her character developed into one that I enjoyed.

At the beginning of the book, I was a little overwhelmed with the number of characters. It was too many too soon and they had nicknames to keep up with too. Once the introductions were over and the plot began to develop, I enjoyed the characters, especially Trinity, Heath’s dog. Her loyalty and strength made her my favorite character.  

Another thing I enjoyed about the book was its ending. I don’t want to spoil the ending, but I was happy it wasn’t the typical happily ever after. It was realistic and sweet.

No comments: